Vintage Inspired Home-Made Cocktails
Over the festive period you’ll probably be welcoming friends and family in to your home, and if you’re anything like us you’ll want to be spoiling them with festive treats. Why not turn your hand to a little bit of mixology this year and offer up a vintage cocktail or two?
We’ve been on the hunt for great vintage-inspired recipes that you can make at home, and here are our top 5…
1. Delicious and refreshing, there’s something delightfully old-fashioned about the ginger tang of a Moscow Mule. It’s so simple to make with just four ingredients and we’ve found a tasty version with the refreshing addition of mint.
2. The classic recipe has certainly been shaken up with this kitschy version – the Black Forest Martini.
3. From its first appearance in the 1830s, the Brandy Smash was peaking in popularity during the Civil War era. If your guests like Brandy, this drink is sure to be a hit.
4. The Chrysanthemum dates back to the early 1900s, and the golden glow from the Benedictine and Vermouth gives this cocktail an incredibly festive look. Add a twist of orange peel and enjoy!
5. Last on our list, but by no means least, is the classic Champagne Cocktail. Decadent and delicious it’s the perfect way to kick off the festivities.
All that’s left for us to say now is cheers, and have a very merry Christmas!